The games are over and I feel exhausted as if I was competing along side everyone else. This years games were so much fun to watch especially with Tia winning by only 2 points. It doesn’t get any closer than that. I’ll leave you with a list of my favorite moments and what I hope to see in 2018.
- Jason Carroll proposes to his girlfriend on Friday night moments after Dave announced the individual workout for that evening. She said Yes!!
- Stacie Tovar’s final farewell as she retires from the sport.
- Brazilian teenager Guilherme Malheirs hit a 291 lb snatch which would of been good enough for 5th in the male individual division.
- Annie Thorisdottir made it back on the podium.
- Matt Fraser continued his dominance over the men’s field.
- Rookie Ricky Garard made it on the podium. It always great to see new blood in the sport.
What I’d really like to see for 2018 is for someone to challenge Matt Fraser. He’s been on another level for the past two years winning by record margins. Brent Fikowski again dominated events he was good at but he still needs that overall consistency that Fraser has. C’mon Brent, let’s see you give Matt a run for his money. With that said it’s time to start training for the 2018 Open!
Image Source: Crossfit Inc
Fitness is my life! My blog posts will feature fitness news along with my personal accomplishments and struggles in the world of Crossfit and gymnastics.